Monday, February 25, 2008

I went to Stitches and all I got was...

... a huge yarn and fiber haul and several new knitting techniques. This is a pretty pathetic post considering the time since my last one. But I haven't much energy still.

I finally got a chance to see in person the Handmaiden/Fleece Artist sweater kits and got an Imogen in pretty colors from the Beehive Wool Shop's booth.
And a unique and beautiful shawl pin to close it with (in 2019 when I finally get it finished).

I also got the new Cookie A sock patterns from the Full Thread Ahead booth. Some Stitch Diva sweater top patterns from their booth and some Fiber Fiend sock patterns from their booth. And the pattern for a cardigan I'm considering making from Purlescence. I'd need to clone myself several times over (losing weight each time) to be able to make and look good in all the sweaters/tops but I don't care. Hope springs eternal. Especially with Denial holding the watering can.

And a lot of fun fibers and yarns from the booth that Tactile Fiber Arts and A Verb For Keeping Warm shared.
Which was one of the coziest most inviting booths despite how small it was. And I wish I had a photo for you but I remembered a sign about no photography from last year so didn't even take my camera. Dumb in the long run since I could have used it outside and in the classes. Doh!

Oh and, naturally, a little Ravelry swag...

I took Debbie New's class on Cellular Automaton knitting and once I get my brain to wrap around that properly I intend to play with that big time. I really enjoyed that class. It was well taught and her examples were amazing. Here's a photo of my sampler. I'm pretty a pretty slow knitter, especially when I am trying to learn something so it's pretty small. I'll play around with it a bit and post more someday.

I also took Ruth Lantz's Cast-Ons class (Fancier Beginnings iirc) and I really recommend it. That's the second class I've taken from her and I really recommend her in general. She's a great teacher for techniques. If they do her Cast-Offs class next time I'm totally signing up. These are even less easy to see from the photo but I really did learn a lot.

And as if it weren't enough that I did Stitches, I decided to join in on the Loopy Ewe's Dream In Color Cardigan Knit-A-Long so I ordered 6 skeins of Lunar Zazzle Classy to make Mr. Greenjeans out of. I'm going to start swatching tomorrow for Zazzlejeans. My lungs are still too wimpy for me to stay up late enough to start tonight.
This photo is really just here for a fellow KAL participant who is curious about the color.

Oh, and if you're local to the SF/SJ Bay Area and a spinner, my guild is hosting a two day Comprehensive Spinning workshop with Stephanie Gaustad mid-April. If you are interested, shoot me an email or comment with your address and I'll get you the info.

7 comments:

Malin said...

Thanks so much for the picture! I really like that colour. I will keep an eye on your Zazzlejeans for sure!

achilles mama said...

I love the colorways of the yarn you bought. And, the shawl pin is great. Thanks for sharing your experience with us who couldn't go.

AuntieAnn said...

Wow, you were busy and got some great stuff! Thanks for sharing it.

Sheepish Annie said...

Wow...oh, wowie-wow!!!! I am drooling over here...

Kristine said...

Your loot is absolutely beautiful! Thank you for stopping by our booth, and your kind words! I am glad to hear that you had a nice time at Stitches. I can't wait to see waht you will make with all of your beautiful yarn and fiber.

Turtle said...

Lots of fun stuff! You'll be busy for a little while. Very cool shawl pin as well., what material is it made of?

Susan Pandorf said...

What a haul!!!!