Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Doh! I totally forgot I've been tagged.

Well, this certainly isn't a good week for brain cells. Well, mine anyway. I hope, dear readers, that yours are doing better.

Shea tagged me for the "Power of 7" meme. You'll have to forgive me Shea, I never expected to be tagged for anything and I totally flaked out about it. Here's the setup:

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

7 facts about me (I'm guessing that means ones I haven't already mentioned so saying I'm a redhead is out.):

1 I was born in the same hospital as my brother even though we were born 14 years and at least 4 inter-state/country moves apart.

2 I got so conditioned by my family moving every 7 years when I was growing up (they slowed down after I was born) and after 7 years in my first home with the FoUI, that when we didn't move after 7 years in the current house I was unsettled for months until I figured out why.

3 I prefer to drive a standard transmission but am stuck with an automatic for now. I've had it for two years. I still sometimes try to shift down after stopping at a red light. I should take up knitting at red lights to stop doing that.

4 My mother was going to name me Myfanwy until she heard that my father had an ex-girlfriend named Myfanwy. So it's her fault I don't have girly handwriting. Can you imagine how florid a style one could develop while trying out signatures for Myfanwy? I'd by sorry except that I'm certain I'd have ended up called Miffy for short. I don't think I'd have liked it.

5 I have doctor style handwriting. Even I can't figure out what it says if it's been too long since I wrote it.

6 Despite that I still have all my class notes from college.

7 I find it very hard to give up on things. Apparently that includes, besides holding onto knitting projects that have gone horribly awry with the intention of someday sorting them out, trying to someday relearn my college coursework.

I'm going to be a bad bad bad neophyte blogger and not tag anyone downstream for this. That's mainly because most of the bloggers I know/read have done one variant of this or another at some point and/or they have a policy of not tagging anyone specific when they do memes. So if you're reading and you'd like to do the meme then by all means do so. Feel free to tell me you did and I'll edit in a link to you if you like.

2 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

Hee-hee! "Doctor style handwriting!" I have it, too. No one can read it when I write quickly. I have students in my class with better handwriting and they are very quick to point this out!

Anonymous said...

Myfanwy--that's new to me; what's the origin of that name? Is it Gaellic?