Sunday, June 13, 2010

Ooops I did it again

Good grief! Four months! I wish I had a good excuse but unfortunately I got nothing but lazy to defend myself with. And that's not much of a defense.

So... Let's see if I can cover what happened in the meantime: I did do Sock Madness again this year. I made it into the 5th round this time but wasn't one of the first 4 in my group to finish so I didn't make it on from there. So I have the following socks that I actually finished:

L to R
Round 1: Simple Sideways Socks in Lisa Souza Hard Twist Petite in Blue Flame (almost fit me)

Round 2: Cool Beans in Wollmeise 100% Merino Sock in Natural and Cherry Tree Hill Merino Sock in Java (a little bit big but I might wear them as house socks)




L to R

Round 3: GAMs in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Douglas Fir (too big - so to mom when lengthened)
Round 4: Emma (knee highs - nearly endless 2x2 ribbing) in Bellamoden Fingering in Nori (they fall down unfortunately)


And these socks were the ones that did me in:

Round 5: Roma in Numma Numma The Usual in House Red

I wasn't thrilled with the yarn choice I made when knitted up in this pattern so I think I might have slowed down a bit because of that. I've set it aside to think about for a while but I will probably rip these all the way back and use a different yarn for this pattern and a different pattern for this yarn.


In between rounds of Sock Madness I worked on various odd projects. I finally finished the pair of Firefly socks knit in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in the Firefly colorway for a friend who is also a Firefly fan:

I think I might have finished something else since February too. But I am not sure what. And maybe I should save something so I don't wait 4 months to post again. Only didn't I try that last time and it didn't work so good? I also started a couple of projects but they aren't too far along so I think I'll wait until they look a bit more impressive before showing them off. And again, I will try to be more regular about posting.

1 comment:

Sheepish Annie said...

Hey, if you got some socks out of Sock Madness and the time spent away from the blog, I'd say it was all good! And those are some fine lookin' socks...